This category is for individuals who have a guaranteed offer of employment from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer, or who are already working in the province on a valid Work Permit. To be eligible to submit an application under this program, you must:
- Have a full-time job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer;
- Have a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Work Permit or be entitled to apply for one;
- Have the qualifications, training, skills, and/or accreditation required for the job;
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Demonstrate that you have sufficient settlement funds and financial resources to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Your employer (or future employer) can demonstrate a need for your skill set; and
- Demonstrate sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties.
Some applications to the International Graduate category can be working in a field unrelated to their study at the time of application, provided they graduated from Memorial University or College of the North Atlantic.
To qualify in this instance, candidates require:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma or an equivalent amount of experience;
- A job or job offer that corresponds to NOC level 0, A, B or C;
- The job must reasonably be expected to lead to career advancement;
- A recent combination of skill, experience and/or training, according to the NOC description, in the field they are working;
- Job or job offer must be full-time and indeterminate;
- Position responds to a labour market need in Newfoundland & Labrador